Sunday, April 24, 2011

it's THE WEEK!!

We have reached the week of the wedding!! Sounds so surreal to me! Im almost sad that it will be over...almost. :) I cant wait! This week is going to be CRAZY! It already is.
So, Saturday evening Adam and I went with his mom and dad to Memphis to pick up their tux's. Adam's daddys was waaay to short on the arms and pants. Luckily they were able to give him a whole new shirt and fix his pants while we were there. That gave us a mini heart attack...atleast me. Im really hoping the rest of the guys dont wait until Friday to pick theirs up just in case there is a problem with anyone elses.
Today was Easter and it was a good one. The weather was perfect and we had a great time with both our families. We went to church then went to my momma's for lunch. After lunch we hid eggs for the babies and played around with them for a while. When they went down for a nap, it was all about wedding. I took our programs so everyone could help me put the ribbon on them. I was going to do this myself but i soon realized it was going to take me forever so i got everyone to help. We did that and talked about everything we had to get done this week. Advice for any brides...no matter how much you plan and think you have it together..you dont. lol I have been on top of everything and now it is the week of the wedding and there is all these little things that need to get done..little things that add up to alot of things!  After all that at Mom's, we went to Adam's parents for dinner. Its a whole different atmosphere there! But still, the conversation centered around the wedding and what needs to be done! Once we got home Adam started in about packing for the honeymoon. With everything else on our lists of to dos he was afraid we would be rushed to pack and end up forgetting something so tonight we packed for the Bahamas! Of course there are some things we have to wait on to pack until saturday but for the most part we got it done!
I cannot believe we are here. I think we are both super excited not so much nervous, we have too much on our plate right now to even think about being nervous!
One thing that has been on my mind this past month...and maybe its the bridezilla coming out in me but...it is an HONOR to be in someone's wedding, it is an HONOR to be invited to showers, it is an HONOR to have anything to do with someone's wedding. NOT a chore!! Some people...and im not pointing fingers bc it is ALOT of people, have definitely suprised me since i have been engaged. People that i thought were good friends that havent showed up to anything i took the time to think about and invite them to. People that have come and have been apart but make me feel like they could really careless and wish i wouldnt bother them with my wedding stuff. Its really just hurtful. I have been in one wedding and i was a part of it from beginning to end. and i promise you if im ever apart of anyone else's i will know that it is an HONOR. no it may not be your wedding but its someone elses and to that someone else it is the day she has been dreaming of her whole life. no you might not be as excited about it..its not YOUR day. but put a freakin smile on your face and act like it! and show up if your invited and able!! especially if you have a role in the wedding! yes weddings consist of alot of work and planning and alot of parties and alot of do this and do that and yes i know people have a life and families and all that but, i have been engaged since June. you knew once April rolled around it would been craziness and wedding stuff would be filling your calender. its not like i all the sudden said hey clear your calender and do stuff for me. weddings cost money..alot of money..if someone sends out 50 invitations and 15 ppl show up they have waasted money on invitations and stamps for 35 people who feel like being rude. ugh idk im getting a little stressed and so called friends and family have definitly showed me their true side.
ok im done venting for now. Have a good night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment