Sunday, April 10, 2011

3 Weeks

Three weeks from today I will be a married woman and in the Bahamas soaking up the sun!! Time has creeped by the last 9 months...and now it like what, three weeks?! I feel like I should be running around crazy doing stuff, but that is what i have been doing the last 9 months. So, unless im just going insane im really relaxed and I dont have much left to do to get ready for the BIG day.
Ive had a little drama this past week with gettting my alterations done on my gown. The lady that I was getting to do it asked me if I could wait until the beginning of April bc she had three weddings in March that she was doing dresses for. It made me a little nervous waiting that long but she told me it wouldnt take her long and she would get it done. So, last Tuesday I took her my dress and she told me it would be ready in a week. I was so happy she was going to get right on it and I wouldnt have to worry anymore. Well, Wednesday rolls around and she calls me and tells me she fell Tuesday night. She broke her wrist and has a cast on up over her elbow! She would be getting the cast off on the 27th and said she could do it then but if I wasnt comfortable with that then she didnt blame me if I wanted to take it somewhere else. The 27th was waaay to close to comfort me!  This would only happen to me! I was freaking out to say the least! I took a coupld breaths and called Mrs. Pam (Adam's mom), I knew she had got a different lady to alter her dress. Luckily, she was able to work me in and I took her my dress today. Whew!
Saturday we had my bridesmaid luncheon at Charlene's in Halls. It was so nice. Everyone was able to attend and that made me a very happy bride to be! The food and environment was so nice. I gave all the girls jewelry to wear the day of the wedding, I think they all really liked it! Atleast they acted like it! :) It was a really good time with all the girls.
Next weekend, we are going up the the church and practicing the music for the ceremony. We are also going to take advantage of the time we have in the church and bring Jaycie and see if we can get her used to the church and walking down the aisle so she somewhat knows what is expected of her. She was over here at our house last night and i showed her, her flowergirl basket and was explaining to her what she was going to be doing...in the middle of me talking she threw her basket!...great Jae, I cant wait! lol She is a mess to say the least. I know the ceremony wont be perfect but i want to get her somewhat excited about it so she will actually do it and be in the wedding. I dont want her to be so shy or in a mood that she doesnt even get to do it. She is too cute for everyone not to ooo and aww over her!
Nest weekend, we are also having my lingerie shower. I have mixed feelings about this. Adam and I decided early on that we didnt want bachelor and bachelortte parties. We dont feel the need to be "single" and get crazy one more night. We dont do that now so why do it? Anyways, Mrs. Pam really wanted me to have a lingerir shower. Adam's sister in law had one when she got married and they really enjoyed it and had a lot of fun. So i gave in and said ok. I know I am going to be embarassed to the max but i also know it will be alot of fun. Hopefully i have a good tuen out and my girls dont do anything too crazy! :)
Three weeks! 20 days! ahh! Im so excited. And no im not nervous. Everyone asks us that...I mean maybe the day of i will be but I havent been nervous at all. Im just excited to be marrying my best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment