Friday, March 18, 2011

My Future Husband

I want to start off by saying Adam is amazing. As the wedding gets closer, I have found myself looking more closely at the married couples around me and it already makes me realizes what a good man I am marrying.
Adam is not hesitant to help me with anything. He doesnt mind cooking dinner, he actually enjoys it. Breakfast is definitely his thing to cook for me. If laundry needs done, he goes to the laundry room and does it. If the house needs vaccummed or dusted or anything, he might not be the first to start but if I point it out or start on it he quickly starts to help me. One thing I cannot do is mop, bc pinesol makes me sick. He makes a point to do it when he knows I wont be there.
He is very thoughtful and knows that him doing things around the house for me speaks loudly. He also knows that I am not the traditional house wife. I will quickly tell him if he is hungry he knows where the kitchen is and if he has no socks clean then he needs to do laundry. It's not that I am mean, its just that i hate the customs of how people lived in the "old" days. he is just as capable of doing those things as i am.
He is definitely not lazy and I love that. He goes to work and works hard, he doesnt have a desk job or stare at a computer all day...he physically works..HARD. Then he comes home and helps me with anything I want and doesnt mind. The other day I got home from Memphis and he had went and got mulch for the flower beds..most men would just wait until the wife said something and nagged him about going to get it and finally do it late spring. My man knew it needed to be done and just did it..no problem. He will also go grocery shopping with me. He would actually rather i wait until he can go with me. Maybe its because he wants to make sure i dont spend $500 at walmart..I dont care I like to have him there by my side.
I love that he is a "manly man" but also not afraid to do the "womanly duties". He doesnt look at house work as my job and outside work as his job. They are both our jobs. I love that he has ideas for projects and how to make our place look better. I love that he likes to keep our place looking nice and just cares about what we do have. I love that I can count on him to keep up with when our vehicles need maintenced and he does it instead of us taking it somewhere and paying for it.
I may nag him about some things he does that really aggravate me but who doesnt have those? Our relationship would be boring if everything about us was perfect.

The most important and biggest thing I love about Adam Shelley is that he loves me. He loves me pretty, he loves me ugly, he loves me mad, he loves me happy, he loves me for me and all of me no matter what. He puts up with me and that says so much! He can handle my moods, he can handle my "jokes" he can handle my non affection..which im working on. He can handle anything about me. And at my absolute maddest he is the only one that can handle it. And he can understand me. We are so different but yet so much alike. We are definitly the compliment to each other.



When they say the one will come to you when youre least expecting it, they're right. We started dating when both of us least expected it and we absolutely could not be happier! I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life as Mrs. Emily Shelley and start a little Shelley family with this man!!

No comments:

Post a Comment