Thursday, March 10, 2011

50 Days!

I started a blog before when I was in college and to be honest...not too much exciting was going on in my life so I never really got into it. I wish as soon as Adam and I got engaged i wouldve started this so I would have something to look back on and remember all the exciting stressful moments while planning this wedding. That is why I am doing this now. We have 50 days until we exchange vows and I want to remember these next 50 days for the rest of my life!

Today we got our wedding favors in. I didnt want to spend a lot of money on something everyone was going to leave in their cars for a couple of weeks after the wedding then just throw away. Adam personally didnt want favors at all. But I saw these lollipops in one of the many wedding magazines I get almost daily and I thought they were just too cute. We got aqua (which looks more like light blue) and ruby red. They will add a little more color and decoration to the reception and I dont see it as a big waste of money, bc they were really reasonable and they wont be thrown away...hopefully theyll be ate! I think im going to put them on the table right by the door for our guests to grab after they sign our frame. - That's another thing, the signature frame. We ordered one a couple nights ago and I cant wait for it to come it. Those things are expensive! We just got out of one of the "famous" wedding magazines. It was pretty reasonable after looking at the prices online. They can cost hundreds of dollars. My philosophy on that is, more than likely after the wedding im not going to be putting that frame on the wall in the living room or anything. Probably go in the guest room and when we decide to have little Shelley babies, the guest room will be the nursery and the frame will be put into a box or attic or something. But I think it will be cool to have when im old and grey and can show my Shelley babies when they get married! :) and I think it will be a neat thing at the reception.

Other stuff going on with the wedding:
We had a Handyman Party this past weekend, it was a lot of fun. The funniest thing was Adam got about 10 lights, wrenches, and pry bars that he registered for...obviously Wal-Mart doesnt know how to take it off the registry and Adam ended up with alot of the same. It was really funny though!

Next weekend is my Bridal Shower. It is the only one I am having so I hope pretty much everyone we invited can come! Im really excited. I hate the awkwardness of opening presents with everyone looking at you though. I mean more than likely I registered for the gift so its not that big of suprise...so am I supposed to act suprised and be like omg how did you know I wanted this!! or just open, smile, say thank you and go to the next...yeah that's the proper way I think. :) Anyways, shopping for a dress for this festivity has been a chore in its self. I like to think im not picky but I guess I am. Really the stores just dont seem to have much this season other than "stepford wives" dresses...that's what I call them. You know the white sun dresses with floral print on them. Some are cute but this year that is  just not my thing. So go figure I finally found a dress and anyone who knows me well knows I love me some black shirts so it was no suprise that the dress I got is black and white. But it is really cute. Or atleast I think it is. I also got a dress for my bridesmaids luncheon and rehearsal...they are black and white too :) I figure I will have enough color at the wedding and reception to make up for the lack of at the festivities!! lol

Tomorrow I am going with my future mother in law (Pamela) to Charlenes Tea Room in Halls, TN. This is where we are having the bridesmaids luncheon. We are going to check out the room we will be in and see what kind of centerpieces we need to get if any. We have a preset menu so im hoping my bridesmaids wont be picky that day and just enjoy what I picked. I think it will be nice.

One thing no one ever told me about planning/getting married is how much money you spend on stamps! geeze! I mean stamps are 44 cents right now. We had to get 200 for save the dates, 200 for wedding invitations, 50 for handyman invitation, around 40 for thank yous for the holiday shower, 25 for handyman thank yous, then I will have to get who knows how many for bridal shower thank yous and all the wedding thank yous...you do the math...it's A LOT for stamps. Brides should put this in the budget. I didnt, it didnt even cross my mind.

Im glad I am a person who knows pretty much what I like and what I want. Decisions are HARD! Especially when you have to make so many in such a short amount of time! I do second guess myself but on most of it, I know what I want. The invitations were the hardest for me. I wanted something plain/ traditional but with a little bit of my personality and I couldnt seem to find it anywhere! I finally decided on somethin with the help of Adam and Bonnie...but that whole day I ordered them I second guessed myself and was worried. Im glad my sister didnt have a big wedding like this. Im sure I would be her maid of honor and she would prolly demote me! haha she cannot and I mean can not make a decision...it drives me crazy. We can go shopping and she will have a whole hand full of clothes in her hand and by the time we get to the register she has maybe one shirt. It's crazy. But that's her. I love you Bonnie ;)

Since June 16, 2010 my life has been this crazy wedding maddness...I cant wait to see how these last 50 days play out. I will try my hardest to stay comical about it and not let myself get too stressed and not enjoy this wonderful wonderful time in my life! Hopefully one day I will look back on this and laugh but remember this great time and experience I am going through.

1 comment:

  1. we did the signature frame too! we dont have it hanging up right now, but i like the idea of having it later on to look at. i hope you are able to enjoy the last 50 days and not be so stressed out. i bet bonnie is glad she didnt do all this either!!! im sure you are making up for it though!

    ReplyDelete